Monday, July 3, 2017

July 3rd, 2017

BloggerImage

We headed over to my family's house today for even more Fourth of July fun! We spent a good portion of the afternoon playing some video games. Naturally, we played Super Smash Bros Brawl. We also introduced Mike to the classic phenomenon known as Worms 3D! ;) I won in that, of course.

For dinner my dad and mom had prepared a delicious spread, full of veggies and noodles and BBQ. After we were all fed, Mitch, Jax, Mike, and I headed outside to engage in some outdoor activities. Mitch and Mike played one-on-one basketball, while Jax and I threw around a frisbee. It was pretty hot, so we all tired out quickly and went inside. The boys decided to go swimming for awhile to cool off. I sat inside, enjoying some playtime with the doggies. My parent's friends stopped by and then the four of them headed over to the park district for the fireworks.

The boys and I had agreed that we didn't want to actually go to the park district to see the show, since it gets super crowded and hectic. Luckily, the front of my parent's neighborhood has a huge, open field and it has a great view of the fireworks display! We loaded up in the car when it got dark and drove the short distance to the neighborhood's front. We set down some blankets and then played more frisbee until the show started. The fireworks, as always, we wonderful. Lemont has a really long show and it is always worth watching! It was perfect, because there were only like three other families around and we were all spaced out far from one another. It was like we had our own private show. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment