Saturday, November 18, 2017

November 18th, 2017

We’re engaged!! πŸ˜πŸ’πŸ’—



GUYS!! I’M ENGAGED!!??!!! πŸ˜πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’‼️‼️

Tonight I said yes to forever with my best friend—the absolute love of my life!

Mike took me out on a “day of memories”, which consisted of several activities that we did together in the early years of us! We started the morning off with breakfast at George’s, aka the place he asked me to be his girlfriend (almost) three years ago. Afterward we went ice skating at Rocket Ice—which is one activity we absolutely love and also one that we did so often together the first few months of dating. We took a brief break from the festivities to head home and just relax together. We spent awhile reminiscing on all the fun things we’ve done together over the years, from concerts to festivals to road trips to vacationing in Disney World!

As it got darker, we headed off for the last stop of the day: the Morton Arboretum! Our very first date together was on December 18th, 2014 at the Illumination lights display. We have gone together every year since and I ALWAYS look forward to our annual visit! Walking around looking at all the beautiful lights together was so magical...but they simply couldn’t compare it to the breathe-taking, sparkling ring my sweetheart pulled out suddenly and held out to me! 😍 We were standing beneath the dazzling crystal chandeliers (which is our absolute favorite display) when he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I immediately felt the tears about to flow as I eagerly said yes and let him put that gorgeous ring on my finger. ♥️♥️♥️



I cried so much tonight, guys. 😭😭😭



Four years ago we went here together for our first date! Tonight it also became the place he asked me to marry him. πŸ˜πŸ’



Also! My entire family secretly followed us all throughout the Arboretum without me knowing so they could get photos and videos when Mike proposed by the crystal chandeliers. 😭😭 Both of my parents cried (not as much as me...well, actually, my mom MIGHT have πŸ˜‚) and all of my “manly” brothers even got misty as they congratulated us:

“I never thought I would be happy with my sister getting engaged...ever. And yet here I am just super excited for you two.” -Zack

“When Mike told me he was gonna propose I was like, ‘About time!’ Honestly I‘ve already considered him family for a long time now.” -Mitch

“I know you guys will have a life full of happiness—you’re really just the perfect match. I am so thankful to have been apart of this special day.” -Jax



I am so very thankful for my wonderful family, who has always been nothing but loving and supportive. These guys mean the absolute world to me; it was so extremely special having them all there to share in tonight with.



From classmates to computer buddies to best friends to boyfriend-girlfriend...and now here we are, over four years later, officially engaged. 😭❤️



Everything about today was SO perfect in every single way. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world. I am so very thankful to have this man to walk by my side through life forever. ❤️ I love you so much Michael Richard Donelson. It has always been a “yes” for you. 😚😚😚



This photo was taken as a result of my dad being goofy and “wanting a photo with the flowers he got me”. However, I am so glad I we ended up taking it because it is now one of my favorite photos to date.



UGH... don’t even get me started about how GORGEOUS my ring is! 😍😍 Honestly, have you ever seen a more sparkly ring? (Answer: no)  My man is literally the most sweet, thoughtful, talented person to walk this earth. He couldn’t find a box he liked to hold my ring, so he decided to just go and MAKE one himself.



The blue feather sitting inside the box alongside my ring was such a perfect touch (and it made my insides practically turn to mush!). You see, the blue feather is actually from a story I have loved ever since I was a little girl, which you can read here. In said story, the boy proposes to the girl using a blue feather from a rare bird... Eeeek! πŸ’™πŸ˜ I couldn't believe he had remembered!

We hung out at the Arboretum with my family for awhile before getting dinner at one of my favorite spots: Uncle Julio's. After that we went back to my family's home for more celebrating. 

Today was officially the best day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment