Monday, September 4, 2017

September 4th, 2017

Happy Labor Day!! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ


Today Mike and I had over my family for dinner! We cleaned the home all day yesterday and made everything look all pretty and presentable. We started cooking around 3PM, since everyone was coming at 5PM. I made chicken bacon pasta, while Mike made the sides (loaded mashed potatoes and rolls). I set the table all pretty with our navy and teal plates, plus some adorable fall napkins. :) Everyone arrived and instantly commented on all the cute fall dรฉcor I had put up all over the house. After we had sat down and food was served, everyone dug in straight away. I was very pleased because the food had turned out perfectly and everyone really enjoyed it! Both my parents had seconds. :D After dinner, I cleaned the table while the boys looked for something to watch on TV. We ended up putting on Despicable Me 3, which we all found pretty hilarious. After the movie ended we said our goodbyes and everyone thanked Mike and I for the lovely night. I was so happy with how smoothly everything went and I look forward to more dinner parties in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment