Saturday, December 23, 2017

December 23rd, 2017

Since things are looking pretty busy for everyone on Christmas Eve, we decided to celebrate together today...on Christmas Eve Eve. ;)

We started the evening off with a scrumptious dinner prepared by all the ladies. I ate so much I was stuffed! After dinner we had to figure out which tree we wanted to start passing out presents at first. Yes, you read right: we had to figure out which tree to start passing out presents at first...because we had too many presents to fit under just one tree!!



Everyone was so generous once again this year—as you can see the presents were in plenty!



It took forever to pass everything out, since there was so much stuff! But that was perfectly okay with everyone. :) I love sitting back and watching everyone opening up their presents. Honestly, I truly do love giving gifts more than receiving! Everyone really seemed to love the stuff Mike and I had given them, so I was very happy.


I personally got so much stuff this year! My Christmas haul included: an assortment of food & cooking items (for both Mike & I) from Charlotte; The Prince Of Egypt soundtrack & the Beauty & The Beast leatherbound edition from Rachael; a mini carousel, the Shakespeare leatherbound edition, the Arabian Nights leatherbound edition, and a stunning carousel from Laura; a Blackhawks wood carving (by NGL Woodworks) and a stocking full of all kinds of snacks (both for both Mike & I) from Mike Sr; and lastly, a complete art studio kit and a petrified wood cutting board (both for both Mike & I) from Mike Sr & Laura. 



All throughout the evening, even during present-opening, Peter kept wanting us to read him one of his books! I read him about three different ones myself. I was so thankful for some one-on-one book reading with that little munchkin. :)



Much later in the evening, after we had gotten home, the two of us decided we were too excited to wait until Christmas to give one another our gifts! Mike completely spoiled me this Christmas! That sweetheart bought me a Pandora bracelet with THREE Disney Princess Dress charms! 😱 Snow White, Cinderella, and (of course!) Rapunzel. He said he’s looking forward to adding the rest of the princesses in the days to come...my heart just about melted! ❤️ And, as if that already wasn’t enough, he got me another Disney Mickey Ears ornament to add to my slowly growing collection! PLUS, there’s apparently still more stuff in the mail?! This man is way too good to me!! 😭 I am so thankful for all my gifts, but mainly I am so very grateful for the real gift in my life: him. ❤️



My big gift to Michael this year was a bible. But not just a regular bible—this bible I personalized especially for him! I added color coded tabs, so he can easily flip to whatever section he's looking for. I also individually highlighted different verses, color coded to six unique categories. And lastly, I carefully (and respectfully) colored in cute illustrations that relate to the passages all throughout the book! I worked so hard on this gift and I am so pleased to say it was not in vain. It turned out so beautifully and I am really proud of what I did! Most importantly: Mike really loved it—I was so happy. :)


In addition to the bible, I also bought Mike some stuff for his Subaru. Because, how could I not? ;) He was thrilled about all of that stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment