Tuesday, October 23, 2018

October 22nd, 2018

Yesterday my kids learned about the Tower of Babel & about Joseph!

After reading the story out of the Bible, we learned about the importance of language through a fun activity. The kids had to work together to line themselves up in a particular order--first with the ability to talk to each other, and then the second without. They all agreed that it was so much harder trying to communicate without being able to speak or write, and said that it must’ve been so much easier back when everyone in the world spoke the same language! After that each of them got to make their own miniature Tower of Babel.



In our next lesson, the kids had fun coloring a picture of Joseph’s coat of many colors and answering questions on a worksheet while I read the story aloud from the Bible. It was so encouraging to watch many of them put down their markers several times to look up and intently listen to what would happen next! As class was ending and we were packing up for the day, two of my boys even came up to me to ask more questions about the story. They told me that God must’ve been very proud of Joseph for forgiving his brothers after all the bad stuff they did to him!

I pray every day that I am making a difference in these kids’ lives, and little moments like those really make me feel like I do. ☺️💕

No comments:

Post a Comment