Wednesday, March 6, 2019

March 6th, 2019

Happy Ash Wednesday!! ✝️


"[Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me]...with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning." --Joel‬ ‭2:12‬

The first line of that verse always takes my breath away. Even now, after sin and failure and broken promises, He calls me to Him. In all His tenderness He says, "Return to me." It seems impossible, inconceivable...miraculous! Even after I have been short-tempered with my loved ones? Even after I have been uncharitable in my thoughts and speech? Even after I have failed a million times over? "Yes," He would say, "even then." 🌻

And I do return, because I know I need Him. I know that without Him, I am like the dark ash rubbed across my brow--a reminder of my own substance. So I will begin this Lent by returning my heart and mind to God, diving deeper into prayer. I will fast so that my desires will make way for my deeper desire for the Lord to emerge. I will give to those in need, be that monetarily or with my time and love.

I’m committing to taking even more time to sit and call upon the Holy Spirit to teach me to pray. I will allow my daily spiritual readings to stir that conversation in my heart that needs to happen with our loving God. I am committing to more regular examination and asking Him to help me fine-tune my interior life...so that my exterior life is a reflection of the goodness that resides within.

Let’s enter this season of hope together, ready to encounter our Lord in our sinfulness. He is ready to do the work of bringing about new life--even now. ♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment