Sunday, June 12, 2016

June 12th, 2016

Today Mike and I decided to head downtown and visit the Lincoln Park Zoo!

BloggerImage

Despite how long the two of us have lived in Illinois, we both have never been there! (We've been to Brookfield more times than we can remember, of course.)

BloggerImageBloggerImage
BloggerImageBloggerImage

It really was just so surreal seeing all the animals plus the Chicago skyline in the horizon! Such a unique experience! I definitely enjoyed all this zoo had to offer!

BloggerImage
BloggerImage

After our fun at the zoo, we decided to head over to Navy Pier. When we came at the end of the summer last year the ferris wheel had been closed, which Mike was totally bummed about. Now the brand new, bigger wheel was up! I had never been on the ferris wheel, new or old. I'm not exactly a heights person. And yet I love roller coasters and all things that cause an adrenaline rush...I'm weird, I know lol. I guess the difference is that ferris wheels are so s l o w and the whole point is to just get really high and just, like, stare around you. Yeah, not my cup of tea.

BloggerImageBloggerImage

But I promised Mike I would go on it for him, so I did. Wow, was it really cool. And scary. But, still cool! (And scary.) It went so high. I kept thinking we must be at the top, and then we kept going! It was also a super windy day, so that didn't exactly make it any less intimidating. The interior of the cart was really nice and refurnished. It did stink because you rode in a cart of eightso we had six other people crammed in with us. The view, though terrifying, was gorgeous. It honestly is a totally new and beautiful way to view the city. The view of the lake was breathtaking, too.

BloggerImage

The thing went around three times. Every time I thought it was over...NOPE! We'd pass by the station and I'd stare helplessly as we started to ascend back up again. That was a little much. I definitely could have done without that last trip, lol. After our ride was over I all but ran off. But! I DID IT!!!! Mike was so proud of me. He gave me lots of praise and hugs and kisses. :)

BloggerImage

I felt really good about conquering a fear, too. I mean, I still hate heights. But I was proud of my self for riding even despite that. Michael never fails to help in that department. Last fall, we rode the giant drop at Six Flags. This summer, he got me on Navy Pier's ferris wheel. What's next?? ;) With him by my side, I know anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment