Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 18th, 2017

Happy Father's Day!! πŸ’™

Happy Father's Day to the world's greatest dad!!! 😍 Thank you for always being just one call away whenever I need to talk. I want you to know that I have treasured every moment that we have had together. Thank you for giving me the most amazing childhood. I will never forget our family vacations, our father-daughter bike rides and hikes (followed by yummy lunch dates), and all of the random adventures we always seem to go on. Your sense of humor and fun loving attitude provide for endless fun times and plenty of laughs. You always love to tell me about all my "best qualities"...but what you somehow don't realize is that I get all those qualities from you. A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. I love you daddie! 😍 


Today we of course spent some time with both of our families! First we headed over to the Donelson's place. While Laura finished up cooking, Mike and I built Peter's new outside playset. The little cutie was so excited when it was done! He didn't want to come inside when food was ready! :) The meal was so delicious. I loved my steak, veggies, and noodles! Then Mike Sr opened up his gifts from Mike and I, which consisted of about six different dry-fit t-shirts and polos. He was so surprised and excited! He would walk away and try on a new shirt almost every twenty minutes. πŸ˜‚

Eventually it was time to say goodbye, so we headed over to my family's house. We gave my dad his gifts right away and boy did he love the skull!! He made all kinds of comments and kept staring at it for awhile. In addition to the carving, we also bought my dad a volleyball. He had mentioned earlier this week that he wanted to go play a game of volleyball at the park by our house, so Mike and I made sure to pick up a ball. :) Mike decided to get creative and paint a "Wilson" face (from Castaway). Of course, that was a big hit with my family.πŸπŸ–πŸΌ  Once everyone was rounded up, we set out to Covington Park to play. The teams were mom, dad, Mitch, and I verses Mike, Jax, and Zack. The first game we totally destroyed the boys. But in the second game, they had a huge comeback and won by like two points! We played one last game to break the tie, and it was very intense. Unfortunately, my team ended up losing. :P It was seriously so much fun though and I'm really glad everyone came out to play! Once that was over and everyone had cooled down, we headed to Taphouse for dinner. We had a nice time eating outside together and being our usual goofy selves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment