Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1st, 2018

Happy New Year!! 🎊



Despite how this picture may look, today was actually an extremely productive day! Mike and I decided to start up P-90x again this year. This time, we vow to stick avidly to the instructed 90-day schedule, instead of just whenever we decide. While we still got through it last time, our constantly busy schedules made it hard to stick to fitting in a workout every single day. However, this year we have figured out a more consistent and reliable schedule, so we will certainly be able to finish it in the allotted 90 days! (...I hope, lol.)

In addition to our highly anticipated workout sessions with the infamous Tony Horton, I am also going to be doing my yoga much more regularly. Usually, I'm lucky if I'm able to squeeze in yoga more than two times a week. This year, I'm determined to get in at least twenty minutes of yoga each day, if not more! In addition, I want to get back into my meditation and breathing exercises. It is a great way to unwind, reflect, relax, and find inner peace. As totally corny as that sounds, meditating at least once a day always used to leave me in a constantly calm, collected, optimistic, and happy-go-lucky mood. I really want 2018 to be a year of positivity, despite whatever life may throw my way, so I think this is a great way to help that happen!

We got through our workout for the day and it felt good! Don't get me wrong, my arms are killing me—but it's a good kind of pain. :) After the main workout, we had the option to do a twenty minute session of "Ab Ripper X" in addition. Mike was beat, but I really just love the ab workout, so I forced my already tired self to give it a go. It totally kicked my butt, but I'm happy to say I did the whole thing! :) As a cool down, I did a quick yoga session and Mike even joined me! I was pretty excited about that, because he has never really been into the whole yoga and stretching thing, lol.

Overall, it was a very active and successful day! I know I might be getting ahead of myself here since it's only technically "day one", but I am very excited for the next eighty-nine days! I can't wait to see the results and am very optimistic that we will stick to our routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment