Saturday, May 13, 2017

May 13th, 2017

Today was both a lazy day and a busy day. It started off rather lazy. The both of us had a crazy busy work week with late hours and long shifts, so we slept in rather late. It was really nice, lol. Once we were finally up and moving we headed out to pick up some supplies for Rachael's birthday cake. We ran around to like three different places (and stopped by home) before heading back to Scott's house. It was hot out and we were feeling a bit tired after all the running around, so after we had put the cake in the oven to bake we decided to relax for a little bit. Mike decided to go swimming in their beautiful, in-ground pool while I sat nearby reading. The dogs enjoyed the lovely weather with us out in the yard too! Mike had a lot of fun using the diving board and the slide connected to the pool. He had me record a bunch of videos of him, along with some underwater shots!

BloggerImage

We headed back inside to frost the cake and also get ready to leave. You see, we were headed downtown to see the Rent 20th Anniversary Tour! I have loved Rent since I was in middle school. Seriously—I know the words to every song and can practically quote all the lines from the movie adaption. I have dreamt of seeing the musical live for years...and tonight I finally got to go! We had lovely seats up on the second floor balcony with a perfect view of the stage. The show itself was just amazing. Everything I had hoped it would be and more! I loved every moment and didn't ever want it to end. :)

BloggerImage

After the musical we headed home to work on the cake some more. It took a lot longer than we thought it would, but it turned out so fantastic. We made a "stacked books" cake for Rach's 24th Birthday (which is tomorrow). The books were even edible—made completely out of rice crispy treats and fondant! We had a lot of fun blasting music and dancing all around while we worked late into the night. I always have so much fun baking with my cutie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment