Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 7th, 2017

Sundays have basically turned into "Pancake Day" at la casa de Donbara. Sunday is usually the only day we both don't have work or anything else going on, so we get to actually eat breakfast together! :) Mike almost always makes a whole platter of pancakes (though sometimes we have eggs!).

After we got ready for the day we headed out to do some of the usual errands. While we were out we stopped by my Grama's house. I mentioned to her the other day that I hadn't had any of her banana bread in what feels like months, and this morning she texted me saying she was making a whole loaf just for Mike and I! :D My Grama makes the world's best banana bread! I always look forward to her visits because, obviously, I love her. But also because she usually always has a loaf for the family. ;) We stopped by while we were out to pick it up and visit for a little bit. 

As usual, it was a treat to see her. She mentioned that her rocker (which she has had for over thirty years) was breaking and Mike offered to fix it. The seat netting is breaking, so Mike is going to put some plywood over it and a new cushion. My Grama was so excited and thankful. :) It's going to be her Mother's Day gift from the two of us!

BloggerImage

After we said goodbye, we headed to my parent's house to do some laundry and see everybody.  It wasn't anything fancy, but it was still so lovely. I had some delicious steak and noodles for dinner. I also really enjoyed getting some quality time in just sitting around chatting with my dad. :) Sunday's are wonderful. They are always so laid back and usually full of visits with all my favorite loved ones. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment