Sunday, May 14, 2017

May 14th, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!! 💖

Today Mike and I woke up bright and early. We gathered up all our presents (both birthday and Mother's Day) and the cake before heading over to the Donelson's house to drop everything off. Next, we drove straight to Cracker Barrel (which is where we were going to meet up with the Donelson's and Marsceau's for brunch) to try and get a table for seven. They told us it would be about an hour wait, so we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather while we waited. The rest of the crew showed up after church about forty minutes later. We all had a nice time chatting and taking photos while we waited. Once our table was ready, we all eagerly took our seats and poured over our menus. Thankfully, the food came out in no time at all! Brunch was very nice. We all had lovely conversation, shared in plenty of laughs, and ate yummy food.

BloggerImage

After we'd ate, we returned to the Donelson's for cake and presents. Today is also Rachael's 24th birthday!! She absolutely loved her cake, which Mike and I were very happy about. She also loved the birthday gifts we had gotten her, which were four of her favorite books (she got two today: Liesl & Po and The Wicked Boy: The Mystery Of A Victorian Child Murderer—the other two are still in transit: Salt To The Sea and Gregor And The Prophecy Of Bane)! For Mother's Day, I had also gotten her a little gift. I saw this "12 months" baby frame that I filled with pictures of Peter every month of his first year. She completely adored it. She was so thankful and everyone thought it was so sweet! I was very happy she liked it so much. :) We got Laura an Apple watch for Mother's Day, which she was thrilled about as well.

BloggerImage
BloggerImageBloggerImage
BloggerImage

We stayed awhile longer, just relaxing and chatting some more. Around 4PM we headed over to my family's house to see my mommy! :) We had already given my mom her gifts (which were new chairs for the kitchen island and new towels), but we still brought her some pretty flowers. My dad had cooked a yummy meal for the family and Zack had come home for the weekend as well! My dad and I went to get yogurt from TSBY after dinner, which is my mom's favorite. After everyone was totally stuffed, we hung out in the front yard for awhile. Mom and I talked while all the boys played street hockey and longboarded and such. Overall it was a really lovely day spent with all my favorite mommy figures. :)

BloggerImage

My lovely mother. That beautiful women is the definition of unconditional love. Without fail, she always puts others before herself...every single time. I am so grateful to have grown up with such an example of unselfish love and care. Whenever I needed a friend to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a warm embrace to fall into, she has always been there. Thank you mom, for everything you do—both the big and small. Thank you for staying up late on countless nights just to help me finish my math homework. Thank you for driving thirty(+) minutes just to drop off something I had clumsily forgotten. Thank you for sending over meals, just purely for the purpose to save me the trouble of cooking some nights. Thank you for always encouraging me, especially at times when I thought I couldn't. Thank you for always doing all you can for me...and even then, doing more still. I will never be able to repay you—but that certainly won't stop me from trying. I love you always; thank you for being you! 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment