Friday, January 13, 2017

January 13th, 2017

The birthday festivities continued for Mike today! We went to the Donelson residence for a lovely dinner of cornbeef and cabbage. The first (and only) time I had ever had cornbeef was last year on St. Patrick's Day with Mike's family. Not being a slight bit Irish, I suppose that doesn't come as much of a surprise lol. Once again, it was delicious. I wanted to chip in, so I made a shrimp & pasta dish to bring over as well. I was doubtful, but everyone assured me it was delicious. I had made extra for Dad and he also agreed that it was very good. So, I was happy to hear that. :)

After dinner Rach and Char ran to the store to pick up some ice cream to have alongside the cake. Meanwhile, I got to enjoy some one-on-one time with a certain two-year-old. Peter and I played animals for a long while together. He enjoyed showing me all the different animals from his box, telling me what they were, and even demonstrating the noises said animals made. He seemed to enjoy purposely showing me all the sharks in the box (that he knew I didn't like) even more-so than everything else. ;)

BloggerImage

Laura made a pretty cake for Mike, which tasted just as yummy. After dessert Char, Mike, and I had a jam session with instruments from their "music closet". It wasn't exactly "beautiful" tunes...but it certainly was a good time had by the three of us. Peter enjoyed putting on my and Mike's bracelets and watches, then taking them off, then putting back on, then taking them off...over and over and over again. It was super cute.

BloggerImage

We ended the lovely evening watching Angry Birds. We made it about halfway through before most of us started to doze off, so we called it a night and decided to finish the movie another time. :)

BloggerImage

No comments:

Post a Comment