Sunday, January 1, 2017

January 1st, 2017

Happy New Year!! 🎊

And so it begins.

Page 1 of 365.

2016, especially at the end, was a crazy busy year. I felt like I was always doing something, or had some commitment, or had some place to be. Rarely did I ever feel like I had many chances to just sit down, relax, and unwind a little (but please note that of course I did find times to relax; don't let my overly exaggerative tone fool you). Today, day one of 2017, I am so happy to say that I have absolutely NOTHING to do. Nothing! No work, no plans, no errands, no school...nothing. And let me tell you, it feels glorious. I love lazy days. I can't get enough of them. I love having a whole afternoon to sleep in or read or watch movies all day.

But of course, I do love the hustle-and-bustle. Although being so busy and having so many plans can be very stressful and worrisome at times, it still means that I have plans. I get to go places, see people, do things...it's always so much more exciting to be doing than to be sitting around. And, if you know me, you know that I love planning. I love organizing. Scheduling. Honesty, I'd be a fantastic personal assistant for anyone because all of your dates and events and contacts and information would be sorted and planned and filed just perfectly. Every contact in my phone is as detailed as possible (full name, birthday, address, email, etc). My phone calendar is filled to the brim with all my daily doings...down to the minute. My wall calendar (yeah, I have two calendars) is color-coded according to the subject matter. Now, I know what you're thinking: she's crazy. And you're probably right. But at least you know that the chances of me being late to anything are slim to none (unless other outside forces out of my control interfere).

This new year is going to be a busy one, I can tell you that already. School starts back up at the end of the month. Three birthdays to celebrate this month alone (Michael's, mom's, & mine). A vacation at the beginning of February. Apartment hunting. And of course my lovely two jobs that always keep me on my toes. Toss in time to see loved ones between all that... You can see how the days fill up. But, like I said, I don't mind it one bit. I love seeing people. I love staying busy. I love going places. That's why I cram so many get-togethers and events in between everything else that's going on. Without fail, I'll always find time for any of you. ;)

But it's a relief to know that 2017 will also have some days to just do nothing and relax, too. I look forward to having a day off from the hectic thing I call my life to just sit around and catch up on my reading or my shows or do a little drawing or whatever else. I'm happy to know that 2017 will be just as eventful and fun as 2016, but with more time to unwind and relax and recuperate in between. :)

Alright, I think I've rambled on long enough. I hope the rest of you are enjoying the start to your new year so far! We have 365 potential adventures to make—let's not waste a single one! 

BloggerImage

Here's a (completely unrelated) cute picture from today of my two favorite boys, enjoying a lazy afternoon together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment