Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 28th, 2017

For about two weeks now Michael has told me that "today was a surprise" in honor of my upcoming birthday! This morning I finally learned what it was! We met up with two of my favorite people this afternoon: Charlotte and Jacob! The two of them had so sweetly gotten me several gifts, all Moana-themed! I was so very grateful. :) Oh! Speaking of! Mike gave me a gift this morning as well. It was the pendant Moana wears in the movie! It looked just like hers! I love it so much!!

After presents, we headed to Plainfield Lanes for some bowling. Surprisingly, I won the first game! Jacob came out on top in the second. It was a very fun time had by all, as usual.

BloggerImage

After bowling came the big surprise: we all had tickets to see Disney On Ice: Follow Your Heart! Last year Mike, Char, and I dressed up to go see 100 Years Of Magic and we had such a blast. This year we didn't dress up obviously, since I found out the day of lol. But it was still such an amazing time!

BloggerImage

The best skater out on the ice was definitely the guy who played Hans from Frozen. He was so gracefully and executed all his moves (like a triple axel!) with such ease and perfection! The second best skater was again from Frozen: Elsa. She had a big solo performance for Let It Go and she absolutely nailed it! But, of course, the real stars of the show were Rapunzel and Flynn! They literally twirled up into the air with these nylon bands! It completely blew me away! So amazing!!

BloggerImage

I was so thankful for this goofball and all the time and preparation he put into planning tonight. I had no idea any of this was happening and it was such a wonderful night!

BloggerImage

After the show, we headed back to the Donelson's to hang out for a bit. We ended up chatting away late into the night! I got in a lot of lovely conversation with Char. I absolutely love any time I get to spend with that little lady. We can talk about anything! Whether it's something as simple and silly as overrated shoe brands, to move serious topics like life choices and what direction to take. We have a lot in common and I'm glad we can be so open with one another. She truly is the little sister I never had, as well as a very near and dear best friend. I love her to bits. :)

Overall, what an amazing night. I am so thankful for those three and all they did for me today! They spoil me. What a wonderful pre-birthday celebration it was!       

No comments:

Post a Comment