Tuesday, January 3, 2017

January 3rd, 2017

Happy 2nd Relationship Anniversary to us!!

"May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life. And if you must cheat, then please cheat death...because I couldn't live a day on this Earth without you." 💗


Two years have passed since that day we sat across from each other at that very restaurant and you asked me one question that forever since made my life all the more better. I loved you then, I love you now, and I will love you always. I never knew I was living in a black and white world until you came and brought color to my life. ☀️ Happy 2nd Anniversary honey pie! ❤☝

After our traditional breakfast at our favorite restaurant (George's in Lockport), we headed downtown for a day full of activities! First we headed over to Maggie Daley Park to go skating on the ribbon. I've never been skating downtown, so I was very excited. Michael had never skated on the ribbon before, so it would be both of our first times. We brought our own skates so we got to skip the long line, which was nice. When we got out onto the ice it honestly was the coolest thing I've ever done. To have one long continuous skating path was totally unique! Even stranger was the constant change in elevation. Usually, you're on a flat surface. But here you'd sometimes pick up speed as you went downhill or have to skate harder if you were going uphill. It was super different and definitely awesome. It was drizzling when we got there, which we didn't mind. It made the ice less crowded too! Eventually we got a little chilly, so we headed off the ribbon. It was so much fun and I definitely want to go back again!


After skating, we of course had to go visit the Bean in Millennium Park. How can you go downtown and not do that? ;) We got some cute photos and had a nice time just hanging out in the area and enjoying the scenery. It was a very foggy day today, so there was a very pretty mist hanging around the tops of the buildings. Thankfully it hardly rained, only sprinkled a little bit here and there when we first arrived. After that, it didn't rain again all evening!

     
     

We took a nice walk along the Magnificent Mile and did some shopping. Of course we hit up the Disney store (my favorite!). There was a cute little Pua (the pig from Moana) stuffed animal sitting on one of the shelves and Mike insisted he get it for me. Turns out it must've been fate, because that was the last one they had! We checked out several other stores and overall had a lovely time browsing around and enjoying one another's company. :)

After shopping was through, we dropped our stuff off at the car before heading over to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Neither of us had ever been there before, which is especially surprising because Mike loves contemporary art! The museum was super cool and very unique. I loved all the projections onto the walls. Some were still images while others played video clips. My favorite piece out of them all was definitely the two large moons in the hallway. One was gold and one was blue. And they were enormous! Not to mention absolutely breathtaking.


Once we had checked out every inch of the museum, we headed back out to the Magnificent Mile to do some more shopping. We decided to escape the chilly air for a little while and ended up spending a lot of time in the Watertower Place mall.


It was getting later and closer to dinnertime, so we started to head in the direction of the restaurant we'd be eating at. I assumed all the shopping was done for the day, since we had browsed just about every store it felt like, but Michael wasn't done yet. He decided to make things all the more amazing by buying this GORGEOUS rosegold, mother-of-pearl, plumeria necklace from this stored called Na Hoku. This adorable little Hawaiian shop is 100% authentic; each piece of jewelry is handcrafted with resources found from the islands. I'm so in love with everything about it! From the authenticity, to the meaning behind the plumeria, to the pure Hawaiian roots. Thank you SO much for this beautiful gift baby! It was so unexpected, so perfect, and I love it so much. 💕


I wore my beautiful new necklace to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Man, do they make some of the best food! I got a yummy shrimp and pasta dish along with Oreo cheesecake. I was definitely stuffed when we walked out. :) Everything was just so perfect. From the flowers he surprised me with this morning, to breakfast at our favorite spot, to skating on the ribbon at Maggie Daley Park, to shopping along the Magnificent Mile, to visiting the Museum of Contemporary Art, to spoiling me with new jewelry, to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory...it was seriously a wonderful day.


Happy 2nd Anniversary sweetheart! I love you so very much!! 😍🌺✨

No comments:

Post a Comment