Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 5th, 2017

Typically on Thursdays I work at the hospital until around 6PM (since my closing night is Tuesday). However, tonight my coworker Michelle needed to leave early to pick up her kids, so I agreed to stay until patients were done. Little did I know, our last patient (who's appointment was at 7:15PM) wouldn't be walking out of the office until 9PM. So, yeah, you can imagine how my night went. It was super long. Super busy, which was strange for a Thursday.

It's safe to say that I definitely felt very burnt out as I walked out of the office this evening. Just imagine planning to leave at one time, but then getting stuck there for three hours longer. Definitely not expected, antisapated, or desired. But in the end, I did help my coworker out. It's never a bad thing to put in some overtime, especially when it benefits another person. Although I was exhausted, I felt satisfied knowing I had done more than my fair share of work today. Hard work definitely pays off, and giving extra is very gratifying at times. I was glad to be a help to our PA and the nurse on staff. I was glad to be there to help the customers. Although it was hard for me to be stuck sitting around longer than I expected, I was glad to be able to lend a reassuring smile to our patients and offer a friendly conversation to keep them company.

Helping others is definitely something that makes me happy. Focusing on the good aspects, as opposed to the stressful or "bad" things, always makes for a happier, healthier mindset.

BloggerImage

No comments:

Post a Comment