Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31st, 2017

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22..." 😉🎉🎊

BloggerImage

Yes, today marks twenty-two years I have been on this Earth. Wow, how times flies. ;)
Since most of the celebrating was done this weekend, today was much more laidback. I definitely enjoyed sleeping in. When I finally got my lazy butt out of bed I saw a beautiful rose sitting on my bedside table, along with a birthday card! It was from my darling Michael, but of course. :) Downstairs I was delighted to see that Mike had decorated the kitchen for me! It was all Moana-themed...though I'm sure that wasn't hard to guess at this point, lol.

BloggerImageBloggerImage
BloggerImageBloggerImage

While everyone else was at school and work, mom and I headed to X-Quiste Nails. She treated me to a deluxe pedicure (which was heaven) and a no-chip manicure. I always love any quality time spent with my mom, so it really was a lovely time. We chatted away as we were pampered! My mom picked a pretty purple (her favorite color) while I picked a vibrant red—in honor of my upcoming Disney trip! The lady decorated one of my nails with white polka dots, so it gave it more of a Minnie Mouse look. :)

BloggerImage

Shortly after everyone got home, we gathered around for cake. Mike made me another beautiful cake this year. It had the swirly symbol from Moana! Looked just like the one in the movie. :) Everyone sang to me and then I got to eat some of the very delicious vanilla cake!

BloggerImage
BloggerImage

After cake came presents. My family gave me the most benevolent present I could've ever asked for. Buying silverware and pots and such has been on my to-do list all month. However, they completely took care of everything for me. 😱 A 16-piece drinkware set, two 4-piece place setting sets, a 42-piece silverware set, a 15-piece pots & pans dishware set, a 30-piece knife block set, and 3 serving spoons. I am so absolutely thankful and tremendously humbled by their generosity. My family (especially my parents) has always been so supportive—their selflessness and abundance of love is what I myself strive to display. Thank you all so much for such a wonderful birthday gift! I cannot wait to set the table, cook up some food in my new pots and pans, and have you all over for dinner. 😊

BloggerImage    

Mike gave me his other present as well, which was a beautiful Tangled wall drapery. He said we will have to find the perfect wall in our apartment to display it. :)

After that, we spent the evening relaxing and watching movies. Overall, it was a very lovely day. I couldn't ask for more kind, generous people to celebrate with. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment