Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 6th, 2016

BloggerImage

"If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together." (Corinthians 12:26)

My heart aches thinking of the lovely woman we lost. Grandma Pat only knew me for just a short while, and yet she almost instantly welcomed me into her family and made me feel like I had always belonged there. I've never met a more selfless, caring, witty woman. She had the brightest smile and her eyes glowed with a warmth that was just indescribable. The love she had for her family was never-ending, made obvious any time she spoke. It broke my heart to hear the news of her passing. Sometimes the greater plan He has in mind for us is hard to grasp. While right now it may not make sense, we must always remember He would not do so without reason.

BloggerImage

It was a hard day, but I was glad to have been there for my loved ones. When someone you love is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words. Tonight's ending dinner was lovely. We enjoyed one another's company, shared fond memories, and spent the evening laughing and smiling...instead of shedding tears and mourning. Just, I'm sure, as Grandma Pat would've wanted.


Patricia Ann Kirschbaum
September 16, 1939  January 3, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment