Wednesday, March 15, 2017

March 15th, 2017

Happy March 15th! I hope everyone's Ides of March went better than Caesar's. ;)

Ha ha ha... Ahem.

BloggerImage

So, as some of you may or may not know, I am a total nightowl. However, this is a trait I have gained unintentionally. I suffer from minor insomnia. I say minor because that's all I consider it, though Michael assures me that it's full-blown insomnia. I say it's debatable. What this means is that I have a very hard time falling asleep. And, when I finally do fall asleep, I have a very hard time staying asleep. I typically do not pass out until after 2AM. I typically wake up in the middle of the night about two or three times. In the morning I have a very hard time getting up for the day because, shockingly, I haven't gotten much sleep! While this is annoying and sometimes downright awful, it is something I've learned to live with and it hardly bothers me much anymore. My body needs less sleep than most to function off of, so I guess there's that too. ;P

I have tried just about everything you can think of to try and help me fall asleep. TV on. TV off. Less pillows. More pillows. Warm milk. Heated blankets. Sleeping aid pills from Walgreens. Reading before bed. Exercising/doing strenuous activity to wear myself out before bed. Listening to music. Laying in complete silence. Laying on my back, side, stomach, upside down, etc. Nothing works. 😅

My cousin Jon's girlfriend Jess was over the other day at my parent's house and she started talking about this tea she drinks to help her relax and fall asleep. It's called Sleepytime Celestial Seasonings. Mike was instantly intrigued (on my behalf) and asked her for more details. Impressively enough, Jess used to take like 2-3 prescription sleeping pills every night to help her sleep. Since she started drinking this tea she no longer needs to and she falls asleep quicker. Michael instantly ordered a box and told me I had to give it a try when it came. Well, today it came!

I just started drinking my glass now and I am very interested to see how it all goes. I myself am very skeptical, though Mike is very optimistic. We're in the middle of watching a movie now so I'm not sure how well the tea will work. You're supposed to drink it and then go and lay down. The tea is supposed to deeply relax you—not just make you pass right out. So since I'm sitting and am engaged with the TV, I'm not sure how that'll change things. We shall see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment