Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3rd, 2017

BloggerImage

At work today I was helping sort through some of Doc's piles of junk and helping to organize his new office. As I was cleaning I noticed this strange African-looking staff. I picked it up to examine it before turning to ask my office manager what it was. She instantly exclaimed, "Don't touch that!" Alarmed, I dropped it back on the desk and asked why. She explained that it's called a "Pregnancy Staff" and that one of Doc's patients had given it to him after returning from a trip in Africa. Apparently, many African tribes have these staffs. When a woman in the tribe is trying to get pregnant, the chief will have her touch the staff because it is supposed to get you pregnant very soon after. She spent the next hour or so teasing me about getting pregnant for the rest of my shift. I assured her, staff or not, she'd have to wait a few years until that happened. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment