Sunday, April 30, 2017

April 30th, 2017

Michael and I ran lots of errands today! The discount I mentioned a few posts back was still in full swing today, so I went into Kohl's to pick up some things for my family. Mom wanted new towels and washcloths, Zack wanted a new memory foam pillow, dad wanted some shirts, and Mitch wanted new jeans and shorts. After finding and purchasing it all, we dropped it off at my family's house. My mom was so thankful!

Next we headed to a different Kohl's to go pick up the Apple Watch I had put on hold. I have been wanting one for months and with this discount I walked out of the store paying only $65 for a normally $270 item. ;) I got the exact series, color, and size I wanted...needless to say I was thrilled! We also did a little bit of Mother's Day shopping while we were there. :)

BloggerImage

After Kohl's we headed to grab Mike some new work pants. Luck was on our side again, for the pair he wanted happened to be on clearance! After the shopping was through we finally headed to grab some food. We hit up my favorite: Cracker Barrel! Dinner was divine...but what else is new? Once we were full (and man were we stuffed!) we headed home.

As we approached our building we saw a lovely little note posted on the main door. I suppose the alarm going off last night wasn't all that random after all. :P

BloggerImage

Once we were settled in at home we decided to look for a movie to watch. Rach had tagged me in a post on Facebook for this movie called 47 Meters Down...it was about two girls trapped at the bottom of the ocean in a cage surrounded by sharks. Eeeek! I mentioned it to Mike and we decided to look up the trailer. It seemed good (and terrifying), plus it starred Mandy Moore (aka the voice of Rapunzel! :D). So that was basically a deal breaker, lol. We looked up the movie on our firestick and began to watch!

When the movie started we were a little confused, because the title screen read "In The Deep" instead of "47 Meters Down". However, the plot was the same and Mandy was in it, so we just didn't question it. The movie was actually really good. Totally frightening for me (seeing as I am absolutely terrified of sharks) and a great movie overall. Super intense and claustrophobic. And Mandy did great, of course. ;)

BloggerImage

Rach and Char texted me a while later, asking how we were watching the movie since it wasn't out yet. Mike and I got confused, because when we had looked up the trailer it had said it had come out in 2016. We looked it up again and found out that the movie was scheduled to come out in theaters in June of 2017! We were totally confused. After looking into it some more, we found out the following:

The film was originally called "In The Deep" and was supposed to be a straight-to-DVD movie that would be released on August 2nd, 2016. About midway through July of 2016, a larger company bought the movie. They decided the film should be put into theaters (instead of just right out onto DVD) and pulled the movies from the stores. They renamed the film  "47 Meters Down" and the film is scheduled to come out in June of 2017. However, the problem with the whole process is how close to release the company decided to pull the movies. Some of the retailers kept copies of the movie and sold it. You can actually find the movie on eBay if you look. Another problem was that they released the movie to Netflix for about a week (it was supposed to be released on there about a week before the DVD's) before they pulled it down. So many people have actually already seen this film, and others actually own copies of it. So that explains why it is already on the firestick (and in such good quality!).

Rach really wants to see the movie, so she and I set up a movie date for Friday to watch it together. I am very much looking forward to it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment