Saturday, April 29, 2017

April 29th, 2017

BloggerImage

So today was loads of fun. Not. :P

The day started off slow and lazy. We finally had a day to sleep in and catch up on those Z's, so of course we took full advantage. I had a closing shift that evening, so I headed out into the pouring rain...trying not to get totally soaked as I ran from my car into the building. On the upside, the store was next to empty so I got my department clean in no time. On the downside, the few customers that were there had me call some other stores. And I got stuck on hold. For like thirty minutes. Ugh.

I picked up a late (and unhealthy) dinner on the drive home before walking into my apartment at close to midnight. Mike had gone over to my family's house to hang out with my brothers and some friends shortly after I left for work and he had decided to stay the night there, so it was just me by my lonesome at home. I was wide awake since I had just spent the last several hours working, so I decided to watch a movie to help tire me out. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was finally up on the firestick (thanks Europe!), so I decided to watch—even despite the lousy, camcorder quality. I got about ten minutes in when suddenly the fire alarm started going off. Say what???

I grabbed my jacket and hurried outside into the cold and rain. Everyone else from the building was also gathered out front, though nobody seemed to know why the alarm was going off. We waited outside in the chilly wetness for awhile while the firemen arrived and checked the building. Eventually they told us all was clear so we headed inside. No fire, no smoke, no nothing. How annoying. :P

After I got in, I decided to forget the movie and instead took a hot shower to warm up. By the time I was done I was too exhausted to even flip the TV on. Gee, what a day. 😓

No comments:

Post a Comment